expliCIT - Tech Specs...
The prefered method of submitting advertisments is by email using a high resolution print ready PDF file. We can accept most formats used in industry such as high resolution JPG/TIFF image files, pdf and EPS files. Please include, embed or outline all fonts where required.
expliCIT has a custom full page size of 210mm width by 270mm height. Other advert sizes are listed below. Designers should allow a minimum of 3mm extra bleed on all edges and 10mm margins from the edge of each advert to ensure that text is not trimmed or lost near the page fold.
- Please ensure that all advertisments are saved as high resolution (300dpi) PDF, JPG, TIF or EPS
- All Colour adverts must be saved in CMYK and Black &White adverts in Greyscale
- Appropriate bleed and margins are allowed with at least 5mm bleed on all edges and 10mm margins
- Fonts should be outlined in EPS files and included/embeded with other formats such as PDF / QuarkXpress.
- Ideally have your file and extension is clearly named (i.e. yourcompany_explicit_sept09.pdf)
- If submitting files for us to design an advertisement, please ensure all images are high resolution and you have a realistic amount of text for the size of the advert booked
- Posted on computer disk/media to CIT Students’ Union, Cork Institute of Technology, Bishopstown, Cork.
- FTP accounts on expliCIT server may be setup on request